- Victor Moses, next to Mikel Obi, is the most important player of the Super Eagles. And this can mean bad or good for us. Good if he can improve on his excesses. Bad if we face a team with a special coach who has a special plan to help amplify his extravagances.
- Ogeni Onazi is going to the world cup based on pure sentiments. He’s as fat as me. We are all either blind to this or his name has a spell on us. So if we must allow the sentiments, let’s ensure he is a plan B. It’ll be an insult to have such a player on our first eleven.
- The team needs to work on its breakthrough counters. The various ones created in the second half were horrible. Perhaps it was so because Mikel Obi was absent.
- Tyronne Ebuehi is the Lucas Digne to our Jordi Alba (Shehu Abdullahi). Our Right back is good to go. They are already in the World Cup. (Yeah, I know the Barca players are Left backs, they were the perfect metaphors I could use)
- Francis Odinaka Uzoho had a good game. He should be tested full-time against Serbia. Full-time!!! Too much experiment in that department will see us strolling into Russia Tournament with a gamble. We know Ikechukwu Ezenwa is already on the list. We have tested him and seen him enough to know his capabilities. After another full 90 mins trial for Uzoho, we can try both keepers in the game against Congo and England. So far I am impressed by their capacity. They will grow and develop as we go.
- Joel Obi had a fair game, but World Cup is not for fair grades heroes. Let’s see him play all 90 mins against Serbia.
- We need a game to test our attacking force. The Iheanachor, Iwobi, Ighalo need to up their games. We saw how Victor Moses drove in with the ball from the flank to create a chance in the box 18. I expect these creative instincts to manifest in our strikers. We can’t have these guys on the pitch and not record multiple shots on target. It’s appalling. For some moments I didn’t see these guys on the pitch. They were sleepwalking.
- We need to help Wilfred Ndidi. He needs to start playing fewer games unless he will lose all his gas before the Russia Tournament. He’s a full-time player for Leicester-city. I think he needs to reduce the games he plays so we don’t end up with a fatigued player at the World cup. He is already in Russia. One of our very best. Let’s try other players. He could play 30mins, 40mins just to help him establish understanding with the team.
- Brown Idowu still my best bet for the Left Back. He needs more trial.
- At some point in these friendlies, I hope we line up our first eleven and play exactly the way we hope to play at the world cup. Perhaps we should do that with our match against England. I see we have become very tactical in our defensive strategies. What I am yet to see is the confirmation of what I saw in the 2nd half of the game against Argentina. And that’s the perfection of a smooth tactical offensive strategy. Then we also need to understand how to use possession to control the game. At stoppage time in the match against Poland, I thought we would hold the ball more for the remaining 4 additional mins. But we didn’t, such sins are punishable on the big stage.
Note: I only saw the second half of the match. These conclusions are based on the last 45mins assessment of the game.
1383total visits,5visits today